Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Kathmandu - Apples and Honey at the Buddhist Monastery

Staying at a Buddhist Monastery for 5 days was a nice way to level out the craziness of the hectic Kathmandu street scene festivals and chicken be-headings. This is a unique and beautiful flower posing in front of a stupa at the Kopan Monastery. More stupa shots displaying the beauty and sereneness of the monastery.Some friends I met at the monastery. It was Rosh-Hashana, and I thought it would be nice to spend the new year at the monastery and get apples and honey, and share my culture with people from around the world. And it was delicious. Note the two in the front; they are bald.Huge slug living at the monastery. There were plenty of these slimy creatures to meditate on. These leafy looking backside is not only a thing of beauty, but also a thing of brilliance, allowing them to camouflage and survive. Although, at a Buddhist Monastery, with the precept of no killing of any creatures, it didn't seem as if anyone was out to get them.Remember the two in the picture? They were bald, and then they shaved my head. Now I am bald. Inspired by none other than Buddhist Monks. Thanks guys in maroon robes!Not balding, Bald! I figured I hasten up the process, and I haven't looked back ever since. Love the feeling.
Next up, death and more celebrations in Kathmandu, then Chitwan, then bye bye Nepal, hello again India.

No comments:

Post a Comment