Friday, September 24, 2010

Nepal Trek Part III - Leaving Marpha, To Beni

Of course all good things come to an end. But that doesn't mean the good is finished. From one good experience to the next. Marpha was a dream - everything about it met me with open arms and wide smiles, and oh yeah, crazy, rambunctious kids. Once the tears subsided upon departure, new characters entered the scene.


Some exotic creatures caught my eye, but the spikes on this guy says, "No touching, only looking!"


Strong young lad. Carrying a basket of apples back to his home. So young and inspiring.



This old man claimed to be some type of guru monk, but the alcoholic stench leaking from his mouth told me otherwise.






















And of course, the ever so dangerous landslides. Luckily I showed up after-the-fact, but still proved tricky maneuvering through this to the other-side of the bridge. The only way to continue was to give up the cleanliness of my pants. Actually, I left my cleanliness back in America the minute I landed in India. Still, my legs were coated with mud, all the way up to my thighs. Getting messy!


And finally, after poisonous caterpillars, smelly gurus, and sloshy mud, I made it to Beni, the last town along the trek before I head to Pokhara by bus. My legs must hate me by this point.

Next stop: Pokhara

No comments:

Post a Comment